Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member thehippkid.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
Well, I believe I started watching since the beginning, though I was pretty young then, so I'm not quite sure. I do remember going over to a babysitter's house, and not being able to watch the show because they were pretty religious and they didn't watch tv on Sundays. So, I had to be pretty young.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Ralph Wiggum, that kid is gold also, Disco Stu comes in a very close second.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
Milhouse, as for why, the phrase "This thread is coming up Milhouse" comes to mind . . .
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
Family, not really, friends, yeah, I suppose, we're all punks, so we quote it when it's appropriate.
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
"Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me." As mentioned before, Ralph is pure gold.
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
WoS, though lately, I haven't been picking them up as I'm not that much of a diehard, and I just don't recognize some of the characters and/or variants.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
Well, I do have the first THOH playset, which was kind of rare, but I really like Cletus, for some reason.
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
Hmm, well, I kinda worked the system with Amazon and TRU to get more money back than what I paid for, with Main Street and the New Year's Eve playset, but they deserve it, those bums!!! But, it was only a few cents, but it still felt good . . . ooh, I'm so evil.
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
I think I ended up paying about $62 with shipping for THOH2 on eBay, so it wasn't that bad.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
Well, that giant Mall playset that others have talked about sounds pretty cool.
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
Opener, it's just easier and more fun. Casual Homer can't dance on the couch, if he's still in the package. Not that I dance with Casual Homer or anything ...
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (pardon me, as I pour out some liquor for my homey who ain't with us no more), Angel, Smallville. I guess, I'd have to include Raw and Smackdown, as well./p>
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
Hmm, maybe The Rock, or anybody from the Buffyverse.
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
I think it was from Raving Toy Maniac's Buzz Board, I just heard this was the place to be for Simpsons stuff... uh, I mean, Simpsacrap, yeah, that's it.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
Well, in my opinion, the fluxuating economic conditions brought about by demand shifters... mm, yeah, I thought this would be a great opportunity to throw out some economic terms I learned last semester, but it's just not working for me, so I'll take a pass.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
The first item I bought with my own money was Wave 1
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
Well, I don't know if it counts, but Stephen Hawking looks pretty cool.
18. What else do you collect?
Star Wars stuff that looks cool, Marvel stuff that looks cool, Stikfas, Sideshow Monty Python, Trigun stuff, um, other assorted stuff that rocks my socks, Matrix, Gundam, Resident Evil, y'know.
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
I'd say Ralph, cuz that kid is just wacky.
20. Anything you would like to add?
Umm... Avril Lavigne is retarded?? Moe's Tavern is my favorite message board in the whole wide world, err, at least it's my favorite sub-board in the whole wide world. But, really though, I can't stand that girl. Gosh, there's a lot I'd like to say, I wish I could control televisions and radios across the world, but then of course, that would lead to world domination and nobody likes a world dominator, so I'll stop.
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.