Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member Zen411.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
I have watched off and on since the Ullman era, but caught up on most of the shows the last two years.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
Aside from Homer, I like Kearney, Jasper and Comic Book Guy. I also like Reverend Lovejoy, Wiggum, Carl, Selma, Itchy, Frink, Maggie, Stampy, Scratchy, Grandma Bouvier, Agnes Skinner, Rainier Wolfcastle, Ralph Wiggum, Marge, Edna Krabappel, Database, Nelson, Ned Flanders, Eddie, Scratchy, Chester J, Lampwick, Troy McClure, Dr. Hibbert, Milhouse, Patty, Lenny, Otto, Disco Stu, Uter, Hans Moleman, Dr. Collossus, Martin, McBain, Krusty, Sideshow Bob, Manjula, Apu, Bart, Mrs. Glick, Rod Flanders, Lyle Lanley, Marge, Funzo, Judge Snyder, Lou, PFT, Snake, Lisa, Cooder, Burns, Maude Flanders, Smithers, Spud, Frank Grimes, Akira, Very Tall Man, Dr. Nick, Lionel Hutz, Todd Flanders, Skinner, Baby Gerald, Fat Tony, Lindsay Naegal, Grandpa, Crazy Old Man, Lunchlady Doris, Cletus, Supernintendo Chalmers, Sherri, Terri, 7 Duffs, Drederick Tatum, Jimbo, Kirk Van Houten, Sinclair, 3 college nerds, Moe, LuAnn Van Houten .....
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
None really, but I'd like to be like the animator that came to speak at the school. : )
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
My sister is. Some coworkers are to varying degrees. Actually my old roommate was. We didn't get along very well and had little in common. (We were paired at random in college) So I got to like the SImpsons in an attempt to have something to talk about and I am so glad that I did because I LOVE it so much now, obviously. I put up the cast poster from the trivia game in a frame and he knew everyone in it. Know I do too! ; )
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
Too may to choose from but it might be Jasper: "Starin' at my sandals, that's a paddlin.' Starin' out the window, that's a paddlin'. Paddlin' the school canoe. Ooh, you'd better believe that's a paddlin."
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
Not much. I have two CDs, the DVDs, and very few miscellaneous items, but the WOS is the only thing I'd say I really collect.
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
My customs that I have made
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
I practically stalked Toys R Us workers when Main St. was due out. I called this same lady who worked at the area Distribution Center at least 2 time as a week for several weeks in anticipation of Main St. being shipped. Eventually, she knew me by name and it became her personal mission to see I got one. At the time, I figured it'd be really hard to get one. I sent her and her supervisor a nice letter afterwards.
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
I have never paid much more than retail, so $60 for Main St.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
Conan O'Brien, college nerd trio with Dormroom set
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
Why? I'm a competist as far as original characters are concerned. I am DEFINITELY an opener.
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
Three's Company, Married With Children, old SNL, Mad TV, Conan O'Brien, WWE, Mr. Bean, Are You Being Served?
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
Conan O'Brien. He was a writer and producer for the show briefly. He appeared once as himself, but his comic ability is better than that. I'd like to see him as a new character.
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
I have been around for the last two years. I found the site in June 2001. I had posted a little on Spawn.com but was unhappy with the mood and off- conversations. I think someone posted a link to Bill's old site at the rare times people would discuss WOS there. Somehow, I found this one since that one was closed by then. I've been a loyal SCS member since then.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
There is too much simpsacrap lately. Finding something SImpsons was rare and cool a few years ago. That's why WOS caught my attention at first. Now, every other store has a huge Simpsons section. E-Bay is more prevalent too. I think it's rare other than WOS to find Simpsons merchandise that do justice to the show.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
I never bought anything much for the first ten years of the show. My sister was into the show and, about 4 years ago, I found a Homer birthday card and video (Simpsons GO to Hollywood) for her birthday and felt really cool. year later, you couldn't enter a store without seeing hordes of Simpsacrap.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
A contract as a writer or animator for the show. : )
18. What else do you collect?
Not much. DVDs, CDs, etc. Most of my spare money goes to WOS
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
Conan O'Brien's sense of humor and career
20. Anything you would like to add?
I really appreciate all of the people that make SCS such a good place. It has been the only place on the internet that I visit regularly.. alittle too regularly if you know what I mean. Thanks a lot, guys!!! I'll to be here for the long run....let's hope it's a long one! : )
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.