Time for another installment of 20 Questions, this time with member Confused Melon.
1. How long have you been watching "The Simpsons"?
I’ve been watching “The Simpsons” ever since 1992, my freshman year in high school.
2. Who is your favorite Simpsons character?
My favorite Simpsons character is Chief Clancy Wiggum.
3. What Simpsons character are you most like and why?
Probably Chief Clancy Wiggum. I like the idea of his laziness and abusing his power of authority.
4. Are your friends and family fans of the Simpsons?
Of course! I’ve been watching it with my brother since ‘92
5. What is your favorite quote from a Simpsons episode?
It was an episode when the whole family went to visit NYC. Homer was driving his car next to a carriage, while the rest of the family was touring Central Park. “Marge, jump in the car. Forget the baby and the kids…
6. What types of Simpsons collectibles do you collect?
WoS Intelli-tronic are the only line I’m collecting…
7. What item in your collection is your favorite?
As of now, the High School Prom set. It’s great to see Homer so young and a full head of hair…
8. What is the most outrageous (or difficult) thing you have done to obtain a Simpsons collectible?
I started November 2001. The most expensive set I’ve paid was Wave 1 on eBay.
9. What's the most you ever spent on a Simpsons collectible?
Stated above, roughly around $100.00 for Wave 1.
10. What World of Springfield figure would you most like to see (that has not been announced)?
I would love to see a figure of Rainier Wolfcastle.
11. Are you a completist? An opener or a MIMP collector? Why?
I would be a completist if I had enough funding. I’m tempted to purchase Wave 2 and all of the Toyfare exclusives. I am a MIMP collector because I feel my WoS figures would be too fragile if exposed to air.
12. What are your favorite television shows (excluding the Simpsons)?
As of now, The Osbournes on MTV.
13. What celebrity do you want to see guest star on the Simpsons?
Jackie Chan & Chris Tucker; not sure if they ever appeared on an episode before…
14. How and when did you find the SCS site?
I was doing a search for Simpsons toy online back in November and was directed from www.Bartsfan.com.
15. In what ways do you think the hobby of collecting Simpsons has changed in the past few years?
I think Playmates should single out exclusive sets to Toyfare. I am extremely disappointed when exclusive sets are limited whenever Toyfare are promoting the sets. After Reading the message board everyday, I feel terribly bad for those that never received their Pin Pal Burns and Pin Pal Moe in mail. Exclusives are selling well @ Toys R Us and Electronic Boutique and they should be available to all of collectors out there.
16. What was the first Simpsons item you ever bought?
Hmm, that would have to be a complete set of Wave 6 at my local KBToys in Flushing, NY.
17. What is the one Simpsons item you want the most but do not have?
Wave 2, because Chief Wiggum is the most desirable figure I would like to add to my collection.
18. What else do you collect?
WoS so far. Counting the days on my calendar for Peanuts figures to come out this summer. Too bad those figures can’t talk like WoS Intelli-tronics…
19. Who influenced you the most from the show (be it character, writer, actor, etc.)?
Definitely the characters on the show; Chief Clancy Wiggum!!
20. Anything you would like to add?
Thanks to Simpsons Collectors Section, I don’t feel alone when I’m collecting the WoS line. I’m the only person that I know of that collect toys, period! SCS is a place where I can ask questions with immediate response. Special thanks to blueduck37 and B0b Frankend0rfer for answering all my daily WoS questions.
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.