There have been lots of requests to give instructions on how to add a picture below your name on the board.
The following is a list of instructions on how to add the image.
1. Locate or create an image that you would like to use. Please be tasteful and consider the image owner's rights and feelings when deciding on an image. The image will end up being 60 x 60 pixels (fairly small) so bear that in mind as well.
2. If you are going to use something that you found on a website, click with your right mouse button on the image and select "Save Picture As..." (I.E.) or "Save Image As..." (Netscape).
2a. You will get the file save as dialog box. Save the file somewhere on your local hard drive, noting where you saved it. A good place to save the file is on your Desktop, where it is easy to find and to delete later.
3. Go to www.simpsonscollectors.comlog in to the website or create a new account if you don't already have a login.
4. Go to the Upload An Image section from the menu on the right.
5. Select the "Personal Photo" category from the drop-down box.
6. Click on the "Browse" box and locate the file you saved in step 2a on your local hard drive. Click OK.
7. Fill out the title and description boxes as desired. It is a good idea to title the image with your board name.
8. Click on "Upload Now"
9. When your image has been approved, it will appear in the "My Images" page on the site.
10. Open up the "My Images" page and look for your Personal Photo in the list of images. Underneath the image will be a line that says "URL for this image:" and then it says the URL. Either copy the URL text or select the link and right-click on it. Select "Copy shortcut" from the menu.
11. Open up your EZ Board control center by right-clicking on My Control Center and selecting "Open Link in New Window". If you are unable to open a second window, please print or copy down the instructions and follow them that way.
Read one numbered step, switch to the "Control Center" window, do what is written in the step, and then click back on the "Tech Tips" window to read the next step. Repeat until you have completed the tip.
6. On the "My Home" page of your EZ Board control center, there are two columns on the left hand side of the screen, within the area with the heading "Welcome Don't forget the http:// part of the image URL it is VERY important.
7. Click on the "edit profile" button.
8. You are now in the "My Home > My Profile" page and there are three columns. At the top of the middle column, you'll see the label "Personal Photo URL".
9. Paste the URL provided to you in your email by right-clicking in the box and selecting "Paste" from the menu. It will look something like this:
10. Check the box labelled "Use personal photo" directly below the input box for "Personal Photo URL".
11. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Save Changes" on the bottom left-hand side of the page.
12. Go to this thread: Test your HMTL signatures here and test your personal photo. If you have any problems or questions, please post them in this thread and they will be answered as soon as possible.
Don't forget the http:// part of the image URL it is VERY important.
- Install the Akbar Font
Your continued use of this site is considered an agreement with our current privacy and usage policies.
Copyright © 2001-2009, Simpsons Collector Sector. All rights reserved. "The Simpsons" is a registered trademark of 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and "World of Springfield" is a registered trademark of Playmates Toys -- this website is in no way affiliated with either company or any other company whose products or services are represented here.